For over thirty years, Acutec has thrived on the strength of our community, and our engagement is based on social and educational needs. We developed Acutec Community Engagement (ACE) to build on opportunities in Crawford County as well as fostering education to prepare the workforce of tomorrow.
For building the strength of local education, we are fortunate to be partnered with organizations such as the Northwestern PA Chapter of the National Tooling and Machining Association (NTMA), the Crawford County K-12 Career Education Alliance, and the Crawford County Career & Technical Center among several others. This provides us with the opportunity to reach out to students and provide them with essential skills. Through our partnerships and relationships, we organize educational events and opportunities such as:
- Internships: Acutec offers competitive and valuable internships for high school and college students to help apply concepts learned in the classroom to Acutec through meaningful projects and mentorship. To learn more, click here.
- Manufacturing Day: Acutec offers this annual event to highlight the importance of manufacturing to the economy and showcase the job opportunities within this industry to local youth and demonstrate how our work contributes to the aerospace industry on an international level.
- Acutec Tours: Acutec offers tours for all ages, of any educational level, and we can help pay for transportation! You can come learn about Acutec’s role in aerospace manufacturing by offering a unique field trip for your students or organization. Schedule your tour with us today!
… and many more!
Since the inception of ACE, Acutec has donated thousands of dollars to support the Crawford County Area. Through these funds, Acutec has sponsored sports teams, local community gatherings, and educational programming.
A few examples of organizations or programs that we have sponsored:
- The Academy Theatre
- Meadville Area Recreation Center
- Crawford County Fair
- Port Meadville Wings and Wheels Fly-In
- Saegertown Volunteer Fire Department
- Toys for Tots
- Women’s Services, Inc.
Acutec Employees are dedicated to the community and have served, participated, and engaged in Crawford County through a variety of groups and organizations. Acutec employees have been recognized through several programs, including:
- Economic Progress Alliance of Crawford County’s Winslow Award
- Meadville Tribune’s Hometown Hero
- Meadville-Western Crawford County Chamber of Commerce’s Emerging Leader Award.
Would you like to learn more about our role in the Crawford County community? Are you looking to see if there are ways for Acutec to support your local organization?
We are happy to answer any of your questions!