Interested in an engaging aerospace machinist career but don’t want the debt? Since 2014, we have been offering a 12-week PAID machinist training program that is a full-time career from day one. As a company we understand that employees are our only appreciable asset and by investing in them we are investing in our future.
The CNC Machinist Training Program will cover a wide variety of topics preparing you for the culture and expectations of Acutec Precision Aerospace Inc. In addition, we will educate and train you to become self-sufficient and independent workers capable of machining, inspecting, and holding yourself accountable for the quality of flight-critical aerospace components produced at your machine.
Click here to view our open positions and get started.
Complete a phone screening 2.
Visit Us 3.
Come to our facility to see our work processes and interview a Team Leader.
Complete an Exam 4.
Demonstrate aptitude through the WorkKeys exam. Click here to learn more.
Offer Acceptance & Health Screening 5.
Receive an offer and complete a physical and drug screen.
WorkKeys Scores above a 5 in Applied Mathematics, Reading for Information, and Locating Information are correlated with good outcomes in the machinist profession.
Your First Week: Get Acquainted
- Gain an introduction to the Four Philosophies of Acutec, communication, the Effort Grid, accountability, expectations, and the future of Acutec by our own CEO Elisabeth Smith.
- Rotate through four departments, understand how the different areas affect each other, and get an idea of how parts flow through the facility and our various systems and procedures.
- Interact with a panel of experienced machinists.
- Receive an in-class introduction to CNC Machining and Safety taught by an experienced Machinist.
- Start your Shop Math course with our trainer and apply math to real-world concepts.
- Meet your new team and your skilled machinist trainer.
- Train with skilled machinists on tooling, setups, inspection, and CNC operation.
- Attend three 2-hour on-site classes per week (testing out of classes is available for prior experience).
- Blueprint Reading
- Inspection Principles
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Migrate to your own CNC Machine, (with ongoing support from your team lead).
- Build a Toolbox with tools using our Tool Bill Program.
- Receive a certificate.
- Move to night shift.